COSMETIC TATTOOING GUIDE.
What is cosmetic tattooing?
Is a process of implanting coloured pigment into the dermis layer of the skin by tiny, sterile, disposable needles to produce the appearance of hair strokes, makeup or to enhance the natural features of the face.
How long will it last? Cosmetic tattoo is semi-permanent which will last from 12-18 months depending on skin type. Lighter colour pigment fades faster, lifestyle (sun exposure) and if any chemicals peels come into contact with the treated area.
you CANNOT have cosmetic tattooing..
- if you are under the age of 18
- if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- if you are planning to have cosmetic surgery
- if you are prone to keloid scarring
- if you suffer from severe allergies
- if you are taking any kind of medication
- if you are iron deficient or anaemic
- if you have any know medical conditions
How many appointments are needed?
A minimum of 2 appointments is needed at least 4-6 weeks apart. Everyone heals differently and at different rates. The colour looks dramatically lighter after the first week. If your cosmetic tattoo does not heal perfectly the first time, do not worry, you can always go darker and add more definition at your next appointment.
Is it painful?
A topical anaesthetic cream and gel are used for numbing during your procedure. Pain thresholds vary from each individual person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable however a little discomfort is to be expected.
What to do before the procedure: your eyebrows must be healthy, non sensitive and non irritated.
-Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before.
- Do not tan, get sunburnt or tanning bed at least 20 days BEFORE and AFTER the procedure. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn it will take the pigment with it.
- Do not get any type of facials 2 weeks prior
- Do not exercise the day of the procedure
- Do not have botox 3-4 weeks prior
- Do not take fish oil, vitamin E one week prior (they are natural blood thinners)
- Do not DRINK ALCOHOL 24-48 HOURS prior
- Do not consume COFFEE before the procedure
- Do not take any aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief at least 48-72hrs (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay)
How will you look immediately after?
Your semi permanent makeup will appear dark and more intense than expected in the first few days. This will gradually lighten during the healing process. Redness and swelling is normal but minimal.
How much: $550
What's included? A 30min consultation, face measurements, custom brow design, custom pigment color match, topical anaesthetic, after care balm and instructions.
It will take roughly 2-3 hours for the first appointment.
Touch up appointment needed 4-6 weeks after. Cost:$100, time: 1-2 hours
After the day of the procedure:
Gently blot the area with a clean SOFT tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every 5-10mins until the oozing has stopped. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymphatic fluids.
From day one for ONE WEEK apply a rice grain amount of aftercare (twice a day) balm with a cotton bud and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over apply as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The balm should barely be noticeable on the skin. NEVER put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo. Always wash hands thoroughly before applying aftercare, you need to treat the area like a wound as you do not want it to get infected!
- use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep
- let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Do not rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour.
- no facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for at least 4 weeks.
-avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week. Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Keep face area out of the water while you wash your body.
- avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after. Wear a hat when outdoors.
-avoid swimming or hot tubs for 10days
-avoid makeup and sunscreen for 10 days. However after 6 weeks when the treated area is completely heal, highly recommend wearing sunscreens over the area to avoid pigment fading.
How do you book?
If you are happy to go ahead, please forward $100 deposit to the account below,
- Please reference your appointment date.
- Appointment is not secured until deposit are paid.
- For terms and conditions please head onto our website.
- Deposits are non refundable.
- Please send a screen of payment to myself.
Name: Lan Tran
Bsb: 062 692
Acc: 3791 3459